Back Country Horsemen of California
Part of the haulers of NorCal Livestock Evacuation Certification Program
September 12-13, 2020
Location—Lake Sonoma Visitor Center
3288 Skaggs Springs Road, Geyserville, CA
This 2-day class will teach you how to safely and efficiently use a chainsaw. As animal evacuation teams, we may find ourselves in a situation where there are trees fallen, either inside the fire zone, or when getting animals out of the already burned areas. We need to be able to effectively get ourselves out of a situation like that. This class is recognized by CalFire, and you will receive a certificate of completion.
This class satisfies one of the required certifications to be considered for NorCal Livestock Evacuation A Team or B Team. This class is suitable for persons with little to no chainsaw experience, must have common sense and be willing to learn.
Pre-registration is required. Application can be downloaded upon receipt of payment, and must be sent in along with registration. It can be mailed in or emailed to: Bearstrap@msn.com Optionally, you can CC NorCalEvac@gmail.com.
- Personal protective Equipment is required for this class. Click Here for a list. Email NorCalEvac@gmail.com if you do not have all required equipment, as there is a chance we may have rental equipment available, or other options, by this class date.
- Required reading material will be emailed.
- This is one of the required certificates for NCLES A and B Team haulers.
- Bring your own sack lunch.
- This training is a 16 hour course.
- First Day on Saturday is an all classroom day. Class will start at 9 AM, break for lunch and end around 4 PM.
- Second Day is the Field Evaluation day. We will meet at the Visitors Center Parking lot at 9 Am and then follow up the hill to cutting area. Field Evaluation day will end around 4 PM.
For more questions, please Contact Tony August:
707 349 4782
707 953 4903
Backcounrty Horsemen Membership (Recommended): Choose this option to also become a member of the Backcountry Horsemen and receive all associated benefits. This supports continued education like this, and gives you many other membership benefits, events access, and more. See their website www.bchcalifornia.org for more details.
Registration through NCLES: Choose this option to be registered through NCLES, but no membership is included to either organization. 100% of this fee will go to Backcountry Horsemen as a donation in appreciation for hosting the class. Your certification will be recorded in the NorCal Livestock Evacuation Hauler Database. This is a suggested amount, you can do more than $25 to help support BCH and their training programs if you’d like.