This 1-day class will teach you how to safely and efficiently navigate the NWCG system. As official NorCal Livestock Evacuation teams, we need to work within the CDF and NWCG systems and understand the incident command system as well as what can happen in or near the fire zone. We will also learn to deploy and get inside a fire shelter.
Incident Qualifications are issued to individuals who successfully complete the required training, experience, and physical fitness (work capacity) test, and you will receive a certificate of completion. Certification will indicate what positions the card-holder is qualified to operate in, in this case you are a hauler for NorCal Livestock Evacuation.
You will need to show:
- incident management and trainee qualifications to fill specified fire management positions in an incident management organization.
- an employing agency to certify the individual (you are an NCLES Hauler)
- that you are qualified by NWCG standard to operate within the NWCG’s system
This class satisfies one of the required certifications to be considered for NorCal Livestock Evacuation A Team or B Team.
Pre-registration is required.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that is required for this class will be provided.
- It is mandatory to obtain your own PPE before being activated and dispatched for a fire.
- Required reading material will be emailed.
- This is one of the required certificates for NCLES A and B Team haulers.
- Bring your own sack lunch.
We will need your:
- Full legal name
- Electronic mail address (email)
- Mailing Address
- Please email these items to NorCalEvac@gmail.com upon registration
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection,
Office of the State Fire Marshal, State Fire Training
NOTICE RE: COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) is charged with the administration and implementation of the California Fire Service Training and Education Program (CFSTEP), established by Health and Safety Code section 13155, et seq. Pursuant to California Health and Safety Code section 13157, the OSFM maintains personal information of students participating in the CFSTEP for enrollment, training, education, and fee collection purposes. Students are required to provide the following items of personal information to participate in the CFSTEP:
- Full legal name
- Electronic mail address
- Mailing Address
Failure to provide this information will result in the student not being allowed to participate in the CFSTEP. The personal information provided herein will be used for:
- Communicating directly with the student through the US Postal Service/electronic mail for purposes of providing curriculum information, fees required to be paid for participation in the CFSTEP, and other communications regarding each student’s educational progress;
- Validating each individual student’s enrollment in the program to prevent duplicate or illegitimate student registration(s);
- Tracking students’ educational progress to ensure that students are meeting the CFSTEP’s requirements; and
- Certifying the successful completion of the CFSTEP’s educational requirements and objectives.
It is anticipated that the personal information collected by the OSFM will be disclosed solely to OSFM personnel administering the CFSTEP and to each students’ respective instructors. Students have a right to access records pertaining to their individual personal information maintained by the OSFM. Requests for access to your records may be made by contacting the following by mail, or telephone:
State Fire Training
2251 Harvard Street, Suite 400, Sacramento CA 95815
Access to your records may be given during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding state and federal holidays.